[TS] mini mining rig

ATH: Einungis er leyfð sala á tölvum og tölvutengdum búnaði.
VARÚÐ: Verðlöggur eru leyfðar með þeim takmörkunum að ýtrustu kurteysi er krafist af þeim.

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...
Póstar: 169
Skráði sig: Fim 12. Ágú 2021 04:39
Staða: Ótengdur

[TS] mini mining rig

Pósturaf Agris » Sun 05. Des 2021 18:34

20211205_120934.jpg
20211205_120934.jpg (2.3 MiB) Skoðað 972 sinnum

Msi rx 480 8gb
Xfx rx 580 8gb
Total of 63 mh on ethereum

850w evga gq power supply, more cards can be added

Gigabyte Z270 gaming motherboard
256gb built in ssd
i5 7700 3.80ghz cpu
12gb ram

Good for playing around or first mining experience

halldorjonz
</Snillingur>
Póstar: 1003
Skráði sig: Þri 11. Des 2007 21:23
Staðsetning: Heima
Hafðu samband:

Re: [TS] mini mining rig

Pósturaf halldorjonz » Sun 05. Des 2021 21:41

160k, tæki ekki nema 2 ár að verða breakeven á þessu riggi, uþb 2$ per dayu :roll:

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...

Pósturaf Agris » Sun 05. Des 2021 22:06

halldorjonz skrifaði:160k, tæki ekki nema 2 ár að verða breakeven á þessu riggi, uþb 2$ per dayu :roll:

Went to check for you, its 4.20$ per day and remember inflation + psu, motherboards don't come free

Skjámynd

Lexxinn
/dev/null
Póstar: 1447
Skráði sig: Sun 22. Nóv 2009 12:26
Staðsetning: Júpíter

Pósturaf Lexxinn » Sun 05. Des 2021 22:33

I tried finding similar parts online: https://builder.vaktin.is/build/43B01
But that's everything brand new, a better PSU and z390 motherboard. Let's assume these components used go for 60k used (random number thrown out as your components are older and been used for mining) - then you're assuming these 2 cards are worth 100k? 2 relatively old cards that have most likely been used for mining for quite some time...

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...

Pósturaf Agris » Sun 05. Des 2021 22:36

Lexxinn skrifaði:I tried finding similar parts online: https://builder.vaktin.is/build/43B01
But that's everything brand new, a better PSU and z390 motherboard. Let's assume these components used go for 60k used (random number thrown out as your components are older and been used for mining) - then you're assuming these 2 cards are worth 100k? 2 relatively old cards that have most likely been used for mining for quite some time...

You don't have to buy, but let me know if you find cards cheaper.

Skjámynd

Lexxinn
/dev/null
Póstar: 1447
Skráði sig: Sun 22. Nóv 2009 12:26
Staðsetning: Júpíter

Pósturaf Lexxinn » Sun 05. Des 2021 22:42

Agris skrifaði:
Lexxinn skrifaði:I tried finding similar parts online: https://builder.vaktin.is/build/43B01

You don't have to buy, but let me know if you find cards cheaper.

This forum is known for people commenting on posts if items are excessively priced. You're on the wrong forum if you don't want people snooping around. A few years ago you barely saw threads posted without anyone commenting on the price.
Read rule 2.1: Verðlöggur eru leyfðar með þeim takmörkunum að ýtrustu kurteisi er krafist af þeim. #

Edit: I don't know how much you price the cards so can't really notify you when I'll find one :-k
Síðast breytt af Lexxinn á Sun 05. Des 2021 22:42, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

Skjámynd

tobbi11
Ofur-Nörd
Póstar: 258
Skráði sig: Lau 18. Okt 2014 18:50

Pósturaf tobbi11 » Mán 06. Des 2021 02:29

We comment so everyone can make a well informed purchase or sale. for my self, I have a rule that I never put in a offer on parts when I criticize the pricing, because then It's for self interest and not for fair trade. (we try to also let people know when they are undervaluing when selling but that is less of an issue since the low pricing can often get you a lot of offers and the highest ones usually are usually pretty fair.)

You have all the right to price your hardware at any price, but in the case where you can get new parts, same performance, for the same or less money is really just a lowbrow con (though it can happen accidentally) 160k is really pushing it for a rig with 2 cards that came out in 2016 and 2017 and it's true that the motherboard, cpu, psu, and have some value, but the fact is that any motherboard/cpu combination with a few pcix1 slots will do just as well,

I run 6 cards on an old 955 socked motherboard athlon cpu that I got for a couple of thousand a few months back.
it's true that the market is pretty crazy right now but not quite this bad.

I don't really want to sell this hardware at the moment but because I am bored and I have a flair for the dramatic,

I will sell a rig with the same performance for 130k, TB250-BTC PRO mobo, 850w platnum (or at least gold) PSU, 250gb ssd, G4400 cpu, (does the job for a rig, just uses less power) and 2x rx580 8gb and a couple of pci-risers since running the cards in the 8x and 8x slot configuration isn't practical for expansion and not great for the motherboard when the PCIx16 (x8) slot is the only support for the cards.

now people can find it cheaper :-"
Síðast breytt af tobbi11 á Mán 06. Des 2021 02:55, breytt samtals 3 sinnum.

The conquest of nature is to be achieved through number and measure... and overclocking

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...

Pósturaf Agris » Mán 06. Des 2021 05:00

tobbi11 skrifaði:We comment so everyone can make a well informed purchase or sale. for my self, I have a rule that I never put in a offer on parts when I criticize the pricing, because then It's for self interest and not for fair trade. (we try to also let people know when they are undervaluing when selling but that is less of an issue since the low pricing can often get you a lot of offers and the highest ones usually are usually pretty fair.)

You have all the right to price your hardware at any price, but in the case where you can get new parts, same performance, for the same or less money is really just a lowbrow con (though it can happen accidentally) 160k is really pushing it for a rig with 2 cards that came out in 2016 and 2017 and it's true that the motherboard, cpu, psu, and have some value, but the fact is that any motherboard/cpu combination with a few pcix1 slots will do just as well,

I run 6 cards on an old 955 socked motherboard athlon cpu that I got for a couple of thousand a few months back.
it's true that the market is pretty crazy right now but not quite this bad.

I don't really want to sell this hardware at the moment but because I am bored and I have a flair for the dramatic,

I will sell a rig with the same performance for 130k, TB250-BTC PRO mobo, 850w platnum (or at least gold) PSU, 250gb ssd, G4400 cpu, (does the job for a rig, just uses less power) and 2x rx580 8gb and a couple of pci-risers since running the cards in the 8x and 8x slot configuration isn't practical for expansion and not great for the motherboard when the PCIx16 (x8) slot is the only support for the cards.

now people can find it cheaper :-"

How much for just cards? :))

Skjámynd

tobbi11
Ofur-Nörd
Póstar: 258
Skráði sig: Lau 18. Okt 2014 18:50

Pósturaf tobbi11 » Mán 06. Des 2021 20:18

Since most of the buyers here on vaktin are computer nerds like my self so it's actually harder to sell built computers or rigs since most of us can build them blindfolded anyways, so most of the computers sold here are used for parts and your rig will prob as well, and everyone wants the cards, very few want the cpu-mobo combo, like I said Im only willing to part with this hardware as a hole if someone is willing to pay too much for it or 130k, I think the last 580 I sold went for something like 35k-40k witch is high but fair in todays market. I needed the money and they wanted the card

The conquest of nature is to be achieved through number and measure... and overclocking